Monday, June 20, 2011

I love Summer, Sisters, and Wonder Woman

Summer is easily the best thing that ever happens to me. I embrace it like a lover and try to pull every possible experience and sensation out of it until we must part again.

Spent the weekend with my sisters and friends per usual, Sister J brought the most yummy pasta and pie, it was great!

The garden is in, and much bigger than I anticipated, hopefully I'll be able to care for it all.

DH and I got a free house but we have to pay to get it moved. Once in place, I am looking forward to decorating it and starting a small farmstay business. The farm is so lovely, I am exctited to share it.

It is amazing to me that in 17 months I will graduate from midwifery school and finally be doing my life's work. I live with a lot of regret and sadness that I did not know my calling until I was well into my adulthood and all of the complications that entails. I do think their are some benefits to my circuitous route, but I am, as usual, way too hard on myself. My preceptor says the same, I drive myself over tiny flaws that she doesn't even notice.

I'm thinking a lot these days about relationships, how they are born, live, expand, and even die. And how we as humans tend to blame ourselves when they run their natural courses. My mom always used to say that 90% of what people do is about them. It is just so true. And that's ok. Everyone is on their own journey, and they have to act on their own behalf. I think it's safe to say that 90% of the state of one's own life is because of them too; if we follow the above logic to it's reasonable conclusion.

My mom got me a Wonder Woman shirt for my birthday, she's the perfect hero, and it's kind of a long term family inside joke. I'm going to wear it to births to remind my clients how amazing they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment