Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Well, Folks, I've done it. I have given notice to a good paying job in order to strike out on my own, this isn't the first time I've done this, so it's not as scary as I anticpated.

The countdown to the big move begins. Because I will be building my business, the move I had always thought we would make (paid movers, one trip, me simply moving plants and pets and then unpacking in my new home) isn't really going to happen. We are old skool, liquor store boxes, sharpies, back-breaking, moving stuff in my poor RAV-trying to make it work. I have decided to get rid of 2/3rds of my stuff. So far it's a lot less painful than I expected, but we haven't gotten to any of my good stuff. 1/3 given away, 1/3 sold, 1/3 to the new house.

Hey if you're reading this and you want some stuff, let me know.

I've got 2 doula clients and 1 midwifery assist lined up for early summer, so all is well in that department. I'm excited to start advertising and meeting people in my new community.

This warm weather makes me feel like I'm behind in getting the garden in, so I remind myself that their have been plenty big vegetable summers that didn't get started until after my birthday...

Maple syruping didn't work out so well, but I did learn off PBS how to make a natural sweetener out of watermelons, I'm pretty pumped to check that out.

Gotta do the taxes tonight, I know I know, but better now than Friday, right?

Voluptuous Update: I share a birthday with Nancy Sinatra of "These boots are made for walkin'" fame.

Simplicity Update: Packing and moving all of our own stuff not only saves money, but also allows me the opportunity to unpack gradually, thus assuring that everything will actually get unpacked.

P.S. We just realized that our new puppy, Isabella, looks like Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog, from Conan O'Brien....funny joke, for her to poop on!

No comments:

Post a Comment