Thursday, May 6, 2010

Officially Retired

Eight minutes ago, I stopped working for anyone but myself. How I've got things set up now, I'm going to work from home, for less hours, and make more money each month between clients and rent. Yeah, we should have come up with this plan much earlier...

I don't think anyone has ever left my employer on good terms before me. My boss left today without saying goodbye. Didn't shake my hand. Didn't ask for my keys. Nothing. I just don't think she knew how it was supposed to go, so she snuck out of the office saying zero to anyone. Very strange, but nothing shocks me anymore.

Contemplating how to spend my evening. I'm alone tonight, should I pick up some bedding plants and head to the garden? More screw top wine? Be a good girl and study? I do feel as though I should mark the occasion somehow. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

I've been talking to a lot of people whose dreams are coming true this spring. I definitely feel like I just had to be brave enough to jump, and the water appeared. The world is a wonderful place, if one just allows that to be true.

Voluptuous Update: I'm retired!

Simplicity Update: I'm retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment